A 'Winning' Drink Recipe // Spiked Pear Punch

I rarely shy away from a DIY celebration. If you lot have something to celebrate, I have an endless supply of decorative food trays and possibly even a party hat or also. Let's go! So when Smirnoff ICE asked me to flip a traditional tailgating party on information technology'due south head, and share my take on a ladies tailgating outcome, I was all over information technology.

Little known fact, when Jeff and I first started dating, he took me to my very first football game game. And once I got a handle on the basic rules, scoring, etc, I got way more into it than I anticipated.

Fall Picnic in the Park

So pack up the car, take hold of a few friends, and head to the nearest park (or grassy area, I'm not picky), by the field. These are my tips for throwing a carefree tailgating party with friends…

The very first matter that y'all're going to demand for a picnic political party: blankets.

Don't have whatsoever blankets? No worries. Become into your arts and crafts closet and catch the biggest piece of material you can find (I know yous accept material). Information technology works but every bit well equally a blanket. Bonus points if information technology's a gingham print. Grab a couple of pillows from effectually the house too, for general lounging.

Gameday Food Ideas

A DIY Tailgating Picnic with Smirnoff ICE

Food and drinks are adjacent on the listing of must-haves. But you don't have to get crazy. Keeping it simple will go a long manner.

I brought forth uncomplicated sandwiches and wraps, along with a pesto pasta salad (that I made ahead of time) to munch on.

Tailgating in the Park // Drink Recipes

Spiked Orange Creamsicle Cocktail with a Kick

And with a scattering of ingredients to mix with the drinks, y'all tin can make these three cocktails (which were and so, so good – you will love these)…

Spiked Orange Creamsicle with a Kick

Mix i bottle of Smirnoff ICE Screwdriver with a splash of raspberry lemonade, an orangish slice, and a scoop of vanilla water ice cream.

Spiked Sweet Tea Recipe

Spiked Sweet Tea

Mix one bottle of Smirnoff ICE Original with 5 ounces of sweetness tea. Add ice and savor.

Spiked Apple, Pear, and Pineapple Punch

Spiked Apple tree, Pear, and Pineapple Punch

Pour ane bottle of Smirnoff Ice Green Apple over ice and add two ounces of pear juice and 2 ounces of pineapple juice. Stir and enjoy.

A DIY (Tailgating) Picnic in the Park

Shop juices and fruits in a thermos, to keep things easy and convenient.

I found some really cheap thermoses at IKEA that concluded up being perfect for our impromptu picnic. To give each thermos a custom look, all you need is some acrylic paint and a castor. I added some football laces to one of the thermoses and kept the other two simple, with repeat patterns. Add together a spray sealant once dry (make sure the lid is on and then yous don't become whatever spray on the inside of the container) and yous're done.

Afterwards lunch, if you're feeling upwardly for a couple of games, maybe some flag football, try these DIY ideas…

DIY (Tailgating) Picnic in the Park

DIY Ideas for a Gameday Picnic in the Park

Instead of choosing a color for each team, choose a pattern! Then make a set of team bandanas for anybody to vesture. I painted polka dots on one bandana and a large ink absorb on the other, to signify the two different teams. Once dry, you can wear the bandana anyway you lot want (caput scarf, regular scarf, wrist wrap, etc).

I besides turned a foursquare piece of scrap wood into a DIY scoreboard by taping a diagonal line beyond the lath, so painting each side a different color. After the paint was dry, I added sticker letters to spell out each squad'south proper name. Go along score with a chalk marker.

Pear Punch Recipe // Served in Trophy Glasses for Gameday Picnic in the Park

DIY Ideas for a Gameday Picnic in the Park

Tailgating in the Park with Smirnoff ICE

DIY Scoreboard for a Gameday Picnic in the Park

Gameday Foods for a Picnic in the Park

Don't forget your iPad to stream the pre-game…

DIY Ideas for a Fall Picnic in the Park

DIY Ideas for a Fall Picnic in the Park

Photography Sarah Boil // Concept and Styling Brittni Mehlhoff

Remember you'll requite a picnic tailgating party a endeavor? I'm curious to hear what game day traditions you might accept.

This post is in partnership with Smirnoff Ice. All reviews/opinions expressed in this post are unbiased & based on my personal view. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this weblog possible. Drinkable responsibly.